Saturday, May 5, 2012

Weighty Matters - Or an Engi-Nerd and His Data

On the advice of my sports nutritionist (the lovely and talented Ilana Katz) I've been recording my weight daily for the last couple of years. I hadn't really done anything with the data until this week.  I added a trend line to my graphs and some patterns emerged.

Post IM Wisconsin I went back to see Ilana to reboot my nutrition. Here's what happened between then and the Beach2Battleship full iron distance triathlon:


What did it tell me: I was 'On a Mission'.

Here's what happened between B2B and New Year's Eve when I twisted my ankle at Sweetwater State Park:


What did it tell me: I may have taken a holi-week not a holiday from my nutrition plan but doing staying steady.
Here's what happened for the rest of my training for the NOLA marathon:

What did it tell me: Getting injured sucks & abandoning my nutrition plan does not help.

 
Here is that entire time period between B2B & the NOLA marathon:


What did it tell me: Nothing I did know on race day.



Here's what's been going on since I began training for  Ironman Lousiville 2012:



What did it tell me: It appears that I am 'On a Mission' again.

I've added a graph to help me keep an eye on what's going on currently:



What does it tell me: My little nutrition experiment was working but my body was confused when I pulled the plug.



No comments:

Post a Comment