Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Not an Expert but Glad to Help

From a guest post by Corbett Barr of Expert Enough on ZenHabits:

"Someone once told me to think about expertise as a scale from one to ten, not as an absolute. If you’re a two or three on the scale, you’re expert enough to help people who are ones and twos. In fact, you might be better suited to helping beginners than a ten on the expert scale, because you’re closer to their level and better understand where they’re coming from."

Since I completed my 1st full iron distance triathlon I've a few folks ask me questions about triathlons, training, nutrition, etc. I'm flattered and I've answered as best as a I can and where appropriate I have directed them to some of the folks that helped me on my journey like Heidi Phillips.

I have a new one to share. I am quoted with a photo on Sandi Goldring's website. HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment